Tuesday, January 05, 2016

LG will show off its paper-thin, rollable OLED panel at CES

I am expecting to see the mobile newpaper format, still! Having expected in in the early 90's and then again 10 yrs later, see>> http://nickhorslen.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=allthingsd and now.........




LG will show off its paper-thin, rollable OLED panel at CES




#rollupscreen

#CDT

#Genesis




as per my facebook post today:




"And if you dont want to replace your mobile, "so last year", with a car or "mobility service" how about a roll up, no not a spliff but a good old newspaper!! http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/04/lg-rollable-oled/ You will be able to flick the pages and roll it up and read any article or enjoy the rich media anywhere, anytime, just cant wipe your bum with it, like in the good old days, still I guess others will get creative with it.
This is a technology I remember writing a memo about in my early days at microsoft in the mid 90's. I knew of Cambridge Display Technology and the early work they were doing on this as they were financially backed by Genesis, the rock band. Music influences everything for me and yes I was them even before then, my second favorite Knebworth concert of the 70's. Of course Im still a big Peter Gabriel Fan, but Genesis, ehumm!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home